Robert F. DiCello (The DiCello Firm, Mentor, OH) worked as Assistant County Prosecutor in the largest prosecutor’s office in the State of Ohio, The Cuyahoga County before joining the firm. As a prosecutor, he quickly earned the rank of In-Charge Supervisor, managing 16 prosecutors and tried more than 40 major jury trials. His practice at the firm focuses on civil rights, police misconduct, wrongful death, class action and mass tort. He handled the appellate work for Donzinger v. Chevron.
Christopher Stombaugh (Stombaugh and Smith, Platteville, WI) has been a thought leader on applying many of the cognitive neuroscience techniques. As a trial lawyer, Mr. Stombaugh's expertise has led to several record setting jury verdicts, often seven and eight figures. He was, until recently, a partner at the Keenan Law Firm in Atlanta, Georgia. Mr. Stombaugh is the Past President for the Wisconsin Association for Justice. He has been names to Super Lawyers for Wisconsin since 2010.
Jude Basile (The Basile Law Firm, San Luis Obispo, CA). Labeled by Gerry Spence as "one of America's finest," was invited in 2012 to be a member of the Inner Circle of Advocates, an exclusive association of 100 of the most successful personal injury trial lawyers in the country. He has received 6 Outstanding Trial Lawyer awards from Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, including Trial Lawyer of the Year. He has been named California Central Coast Trial Lawyer of the year 3 times. His verdicts include 7 and 8 figure results against corporations and governmental entities, on behalf of individuals and families.
Sunday, August 13, 2017
10:00 a.m. Registration 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m
Conference Program Why PowerStory?Bobby DiCello, Chris Stombaugh Tell A Story
Bobby DiCello, Chris Stombaugh, Jude Basile
- Each participant will tell a story or brief opening of a case. Participants will journalize the experience, noting what they liked and disliked about their presentations
Harnessing the Power of Suggestion, Imagination and Belief to Change Hearts and Minds
- How our beliefs can radically influence our perceptions
- How our fundamental beliefs can be altered through suggestion, imagination and plausibility
- How juror beliefs and perceptions can be appropriately influenced through similar channels
Where We Are With Our Jurors and How We Got Here
- Focus group exercise demonstrating resistance
How to Connect with Jurors
- Voir Dire connection building
- How to reflect authenticity
Connection and State Control
- State control exercises
- Physiology rapport exercises
- Verbal rapport exercises
6:30 p.m. - 8:00 Optional Session, Sign-up Required Practicing the Connection and State Control Exercises in the Real World with Chris StombaughChris Stombaugh
Monday, August 14, 2017
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m
Breakfast and Lunch Included
Conference Program How to Find Your Client's Story
Jude Basile, Special Guest
- Connect with another person and see how that promotes story building
- Practice active listening with another person and learn how that helps you with your client
- Discover important relationships in the case with scene setting
How PowerStory Works With and Empowers You Right Now. You've got the client's story...now what?
- What this picture doesn't show - In this picture you are...
- The evidence takes us places and we show where
- Point of view and framing - the Menace
- How to fit with other strategies - Rules of the Road, Reptile, Polarizing the Case
How Do You Make Your Client's Story Compelling?
- a. Metaphor, Simile, and burden of proof: show standard of care, characterize the opponent
- b. Show the jury the good and the bad: positive and negative values
- c. Show the jury the place where it all goes down – build credibility
Break Essential PowerStory Content
- Meet your jurors' expectations: Genre
- Show the jury the missing element of every cause of every action
- Show the jury you own the story: both sides matter
Tuesday, August 15, 2017
8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
What We Have Learned and How Everything Fits with Our Cases
Chris Stombaugh, Bobby DiCello, Jude Basile
- Tell the Story or Opening from Sunday again using what you have learned. What has changed? Why has it changed? Journalize what is better and what is not.
The Encore at Wynn Las Vegas is Steve Wynn’s all suite addition to the highly successful Wynn Resort & Country Club, the only casino resort to have the Mobile 5 Star, the Michelin 5 Red Pavilions and the AAA 5 Diamond Rating. In addition to the five restaurants that showcase award winning chefs presenting varied cuisine from around the glove, a casino that will excite the senses and the Esplanade for shopping, you can enjoy all of the 16 restaurants, spa and golf offered by the Wynn Las Vegas.
Conference Room Rate
360 Advocacy has secured a limited block of suites on a first-come, first serve basis at the group rate of $239. The room block will end July 23, 2017. To register for a room, click the Hotel Reservation link above or call 1.877.321.9966 and ask for the 360 Advocacy room block.
Continuing Legal Education
An application for accreditation for continuing legal education credit (approximately 19.00 credit hours, including 2.0 ethics hours for 60 minute states and approximately 22.80 credit hours, including 2.4 ethics hours for 50 minute states) has been submitted to all mandatory CLE states. Number of credits awarded will vary based on state regulations. Please bring your license and/or bar information with you to the program.
We take our pledge of excellence seriously. If the Conference does not live up to your expectations, we will refund your registration fee. Because the faculty will use real cases from their own files and share information only available at the Conference, you will be agreeing to the confidentiality of the program when you have been accepted into the program. The Conference is open to plaintiff personal injury attorneys only and anyone who represents personal injury defendants and/or insurance companies are ineligible to attend. The confidential nature of 360 Advocacy programs does not allow for audio or video recording, and the written materials are only available to attendees.